Fresh off the assembly belt…
- Scaling the brain: Is it dishonest to truncate your y-axis?
- Deceived brain – Can twitter followers differentiate real and false memories
- Continuity of self: Was the world put into place five minutes ago?
- Theseus Brain: Can you prolong your life by uploading your brain to a computer?
- Is there anybody out there?
Random tweetsLoad More...
Effects of Aging on Cortical Neural Dynamics and Local Sleep Homeostasis in Mice
What I would love to see: A replication of Oded Ghitza’s 2009 quite heavily-cited (168 citations) and heavily–relied-upon finding (N=5) that inserting 80-ms periodic silent periods in time-compressed speech snippets restores intelligibility from about 50% to about 80 %.
Category Archives: Neurophilosophy
In my first ever blogpost I speculated whether uploading your brain would result in potentially eternal life. And I concluded it was possible. However, I also concluded that what we experience as our self is not as continuous as we … Continue reading
The idea of living forever in a digitalised form has become popular and recently even featured in the Dr. Who Christmas Special 2017. [SPOILER] An advanced civilisation kidnaps individuals at the very last second of their lives, extracts all their … Continue reading